Each country has its unique way of preparing and enjoying it. From the strong espresso shots of Italy to the sweetened condensed milk of Vietnam, coffee culture is a reflection of a country’s history, tradition, and lifestyle. Here are five unique ways to drink coffee around the world.
- Turkish Coffee, Turkey Turkish coffee is a traditional coffee preparation method that originated in Turkey and is popular in the Middle East and parts of Europe. The coffee is brewed in a copper or brass pot called a cezve, and the grounds are not filtered out. The coffee is served unfiltered, so the sediment settles at the bottom of the cup. Turkish coffee is typically enjoyed with a glass of water and a small sweet snack, such as Turkish delight.
- Cafe Bombon, Spain Cafe Bombon is a Spanish coffee beverage that consists of a shot of espresso and condensed milk. The espresso is poured on top of the condensed milk, creating a layered effect. Cafe Bombon is typically served in a small glass and is a popular after-dinner drink in Spain.
- Kopi Luwak, Indonesia Kopi Luwak is one of the most expensive and rare coffee varieties in the world. The coffee is made from beans that have been eaten and excreted by a civet cat. The beans are collected, cleaned, and roasted to produce a unique coffee flavor. Kopi Luwak is popular in Indonesia and is often sold in luxury hotels and high-end coffee shops around the world.
- Cafe Touba, Senegal Cafe Touba is a spicy coffee beverage that is popular in Senegal and West Africa. The coffee is made from dark roasted coffee beans that are mixed with cloves and other spices, such as Guinea pepper. The spices give the coffee a strong, sweet, and slightly bitter flavor. Cafe Touba is often served with sugar and is a popular breakfast beverage in Senegal.
- Iced Coffee with Egg, Vietnam Iced coffee with egg is a popular coffee beverage in Vietnam. The coffee is made by pouring hot coffee over a beaten egg yolk and sweetened condensed milk, creating a frothy and creamy texture. The mixture is then poured over ice and served cold. Iced coffee with egg is a sweet and refreshing coffee beverage that is perfect for hot summer days.
Coffee culture is a fascinating reflection of a country’s history, tradition, and lifestyle. From Turkish coffee to iced coffee with egg, each country has its unique way of preparing and enjoying coffee. Exploring these unique coffee beverages is a great way to experience new cultures and flavors.