Discovering the world of coffee varieties are is always enjoyable. You can find a variety of distinctive and aromatic coffee kinds to try in Bangladesh, a nation renowned for its rich cultural past and welcoming friendliness. Here are 5 coffee varieties in Bangladesh that you really must taste if you want to experience a fragrant journey.
1. Kalinga coffee: A specialty coffee varietal called Kalinga Coffee is grown in Bangladesh’s Chittagong Hill Tracts. It is renowned for having a distinctive flavor profile that combines spices, citrus and chocolate flavors. Since it is often grown organically, Kalinga coffee has become well-known for its superior quality and distinctive flavor.
2. Sylheti Coffee: The Sylhet region of Bangladesh, which is surrounded by verdant green tea farms, is where Sylheti Coffee is grown. It has a medium body with a flavor that is smooth and well-balanced. A light amount of spice is frequently present, along with fruity and flowery aromas, in Sylheti Coffee. In Bangladesh, coffee lovers enjoy this kind because of its lovely aroma.
3. Habiganj Coffee: Another notable sort of coffee from the Habiganj area of Bangladesh is Habiganj Coffee. It is grown in the region’s hilly terrain, where the mild environment and rich soil contribute to its special qualities. Usually medium to dark roasted, habiganj coffee has a powerful and rich flavor profile with overtones of caramel and nuttiness.
4. Cox’s Bazar coffee: In addition to having beautiful beaches, Cox’s Bazar has a thriving coffee culture. This region’s coffee has become more well-known due to its particular coastal impact. The flavor of Cox’s Bazar Coffee is smooth with faint fruity undertones that are reminiscent of tropical fruits. It provides a light-bodied, refreshing cup of coffee.
5. Rangpur Coffee: In the northern region of Bangladesh, in the Rangpur division, is where Rangpur Coffee is farmed. This cultivar is renowned for its strong, full-bodied flavor. Rangpur Coffee frequently exhibits rich chocolate, hazelnut and spice flavors. Those looking for a robust and strong coffee experience frequently choose it.
When tasting these kinds of coffee in Bangladesh, you can opt to drink them in the conventional manner of your choice, such as black coffee, espresso or with milk and sugar. To fully experience the olfactory delights of Bangladesh’s coffee culture, remember to savor the distinctive fragrances and flavors that each type offers.